The mission of the SLTC Office of Industrial Liaison (OIL) is to provide you with opportunities to explore careers, acquire professional experience, and prepare for post-graduate employment. It also promotes the commercial development of SLTC technologies from its research programmes.
We have a commitment to interdisciplinary research and to see its discoveries successfully commercialized to benefit the public.
The Office actively seeks commercial partners to establish mutually beneficial long-term relationships to
- Work with our students during their industry internships.
- Develop SLTC technologies.
Our industry internships provide you with opportunities to explore careers, acquire professional experience, and prepare for post-graduate employment.
Our activities will help you in:
- Developing professional writing and presentation skills
- Gaining an understanding of the industry’s standards and challenges
- Determining the elements of the organization’s culture and your fit within it
- Networking, building relationships, and developing professional contacts
- Prioritizing time and responsibilities and managing projects
- Testing aspirations and goals in the workplace
- Setting new aspirations and goals based on your internship experience
Securing work experience, a graduate job or postgraduate study demands a wide range of skills and knowledge. We have a dedicated, experienced and professionally qualified Careers Team who work closely with academic colleagues to ensure that you develop the skills needed to graduate with conﬁdence knowing that you are equipped to compete effectively for the opportunities you seek.
We are here to help you:
• Identify and develop your skills for employment or further study
• Gain experience through our employment and recruitment service and award winning placements programmes
• Meet hundreds of employers and organizations through our varied programme of events
ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
As we have the advantage of being a residential campus, we groom our students on leadership skills which are a critical component of your success, how to manage a small business by encouraging them to develop onsite skills at our cafeteria etc. We believe that these skills learnt at SLTC will help our students know their strengths and weaknesses, thereby helping them develop skills that make them effective leaders, motivate their employees and promote a strong environment of teamwork.
We work with some of the top graduate recruiters, high growth businesses and employers from many different sectors. From the large corporate employers and those in the public sector, to creative, charity and third sector employers – they all recognise and value the student and graduate talent we offer. With a comprehensive events programme throughout the year we provide employers with multiple opportunities to engage with our students and graduates. Through recruitment events, employer presentations, mentoring opportunities, course lectures and work-based projects you will have plenty of opportunities to meet and learn.