MODERN WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT WITH JAVA SCRIPT (8 WEEKS)
This programme is a professional course motivated by the rapid growth of rich web/cloud mobile applications over the past decade, and the high industry demand for specialized software engineers in this area. It is aimed at helping software professionals and students with basic web development skills, become advanced web application developers. If you want to become an expert in one of the most sought after skills in the software industry, rich web/cloud application design and development and willing to put in the effort required, then this programme is for you.
IS THIS FOR ME?
If you want to become an expert in one of the most sought after skills in the software industry—rich web/cloud application development—and willing to put in the effort required, then this program is for you.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Programming basics – an understanding of variables, conditionals, loops, functions, data structures and object oriented programming.
- Internet basics – a basic understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP and HTML.
- Database basics – tables, columns and basic database operations (via SQL).
AREAS IN FOCUS
- How to use Java Script to develop rich web applications, including hybrid, cross-platform single-page applications that run equally on desktop and mobile devices.
- How to tackle common problems.
- How to efficiently and professionally manage your development work How to (and how not to) use the latest technologies, libraries and standards, including HTML5, ECMAScript 6, jQuery, React.js, Node.js, and more.
DURATION OF THE COURSE?
HOW WILL I BE EVALUATED?
You will be evaluated throughout the programme, and will be awarded a certificate if you meet the programme requirements.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Course fee – LKR 20,000.00
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS PER COURSE?
Seats are limited to 20 for this programme in order to provide the best learning experience.
HOW DO I PAY?
The payment can be made by cheque or cash at the SLTC City Campus or can be deposited in the SLTC – City Campus bank account, and proof of payment submitted.
Participants will have Internet and computer lab facilities for the duration of the programme. And the classes are conducted at the SLTC City Campus, TRACE Expert City, Maradana, Colombo 10.
Lead lecturer: Hasitha Liyanage