IOT – INTERNET OF THINGS
What will I learn?
- Introduction to Internet of Things
- Basic Electronics and Prototyping Concept
- Basic Electronics for microcontrollers
- Open source prototype platform and Microcontrollers
- Open source board Discussion (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc)
- Arduino Introduction and Arduino board types
- Arduino Shields and Sensor modules
- Arduino IDE installation and run a sample program
- Arduino Sample programs
- Relay Switching
- IR Sensor
- Temperature monitor
- Touch Sensor
- Seven segment Display
- LCD Display
- Integrating Sensors
- Wireless data transferring by
- Bluetooth LE and iBeacons
- Integrating Internet Service
- Web Service
- Submitting a simple IoT Project
Is this for me?
If you want both a practical and theoretical understanding of how IoT works, then this programme is ideal for you. You are eligible for the programme If you have 3 passes in your A/L examination or completed a diploma in Computer science.
How long is this program and when is it conducted?
The program consists of 6 weeks of learning, including in-lab practice (any practice you do on your own time will be an added advantage). It is conducted every Monday 6.00 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. at the SLTC City Campus, TRACE Expert City, Maradana, Colombo 10.
How will I be evaluated?
You will be evaluated throughout the program, with emphasis on results during the hands-on sessions, and will be awarded a certificate if you meet the program requirements.
How much does it cost?
Course fee – LKR 25,000.00 *
Special offers – 1st batch of participants in year 2017 are offered a 15% discount **
SLTC City Campus offers participants the option of settling course fee in installments as follows. Installments must be settled on or before commencement of sessions in each stated weeks.
|Week in course duration||Week 1||Week 5||Total|
|Installment||LKR 16,700||LKR 8,300||LKR 25,000|
* Please note that fees paid are not refundable and subject to revision from time to time.
** Please note discount is provided for full payments only and offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Number per course?
Seats are limited to 25 for this program to ensure the best learning experience.
How can I make the payment?
The payment can be made by cheque or cash at the SLTC City Campus or can be deposited in the SLTC – City Campus bank account, and proof of payment submitted.
Participants will have Internet and computer lab facilities for the duration of the program.
Lead Lecturer: Sinnathamby (Shan) Shanmugarajah